Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Night Bath with the cousins

Shel Sylverstein's version:

There's too many kids in this tub
There's too many elbows to scrub
I just washed a behind
That I'm sure wasn't mine, 
There's too many kids in this tub.

What I heard tonight:

"Get your butt off of my cheek!"
"Give me back my boobie!"
"Everybody get out of here!"  

Ah, but then washed hair, brushed teeth, clean jammies.  3 Nephi 17 read (needed it tonight). Four fresh, clean, beautiful little heads bowed in simple prayer, then up the stairs for Mommy/Aunt Becky's rendition of "I Am A Child of God" and then to sleep.  Behold your little ones, indeed.

3 comments:

Jen said...

LOL!! That's pretty funny! I love the funny things kids say!

Anonymous said...

hahahah that's a cute post

Kfrogdiva said...

That is hilarious! You are a blessing to all of us who stalk your blog! I totally agree with the blog about pictures and updates on kids- that tends to be all my blog is about. Partly cause I am a proud mommy and partly because its for the grandmas and aunts to read :) I mean let's face it- they would rather see pictures and read about them than about me :)