Thursday, June 19, 2008

And baby makes 3. . .er, I mean 5

So pretty much my whole family knows now and I've had a few people email me asking if the ticker on my blogger/myspace is a joke, so I suppose it's time for an official announcement.

We are indeed expecting our third baby. I'm just over 16 weeks along and the baby is due on December 2. So, as I've told my sisters, I'm shooting for the 18th or 19th of December. Maybe I could actually go into labor on my own (though I'm not counting on it)!

The first trimester was the worst of my pregnancies so far. I was constantly exhausted and I was throwing up about every other day (since that's about how often I chose to eat). On the up side, I lost about 10 pounds, which I needed to do anyway. ;) The last three or four weeks I've been feeling pretty good. Still a bit more tired than usual, but otherwise feeling quite human again, back to eating normal food and exercising on a regular basis.

We've got a couple pictures of our little peanut but no gender yet. And unfortunately, the ultrasound tech at my midwife's office is out of town on vacation for two weeks right when the kids and I get back from Montana, so we won't find out what we're having until July 21st. I'm sure I'll pass along that info as soon as I get it, since I am quite impatient about such things.

Doug's pretty excited, being unable to keep his big mouth shut and already telling two or three people even though I told him I didn't want to tell anyone else until I told my family. What can you do? He loves his kids, so he can't hardly help himself. By winter we'll be outnumbered. I'll finally have more children than I have hands. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Congrats! That's really exciting! I can't believe y'all are going to have 3 kids. I'm feeling a little old right now.