Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Belly, baby

Ok, so here we are with 7 weeks to go. I don't have to go to the midwife again for 2 more weeks.  Bless my midwife, she felt no reason, this being baby #3 and everything going smoothly, to make me stick to the typical appointment schedule of every 2 weeks after week 28.  Instead, I had my 28 week check up, then one at 32 weeks, then one at 35, then at 37, then once a week until baby comes.  I really appreciate that, because by the end I hate going to the doctor.  Its so tedious to have to take an hour out of my day every week or two to hang around an office, pee in a cup, be weighed and measured and have my blood pressure recorded.  Especially since this time I have to add an almost an hour's worth of driving to that routine.  (Ok, maybe closer to 45 minutes of driving).  I was spoiled with the first two--with Keilana, all my appointments until the last 2 or 3 weeks were at the clinic on campus (my OB had so many patients there, it just made sense for her to come there once a week) and with Dylan my midwife's office was literally just a couple miles from my apartment.  

Little tip for those of you who are/may become pregnant:  if you already feel rather whalish and unattractive, taking photos of yourself in a shapeless tshirt wearing no makeup is not generally helpful to your perception of your appearance.  Neither is letting your 4 year old take said picture (I did do a little cropping, but she did pretty good).  Anyway, things are going well.  I know I keep giving people different time frames when the baby's coming, so let me clarify, as there has been some confusion.  I am currently 33 weeks pregnant, so my estimated due date is December 2 (or 3, for some reason both are on my medical chart).  Since my babies do not come out until we make them (Keilana was induced at 8 days overdue, arrived the next day; Dylan was induced at 10 days overdue, arrived the next day).  Rita (my midwife) has said that she'd be happy to induce me on the 12th of December, assuming all goes as well as it has the last 2 pregnancies.  So we have that date more firmly in mind, so sometimes I rattle it off even though its not my due date.  Everyone clear now?

I'm actually feeling a bit better, less fatigued, I mean.--last Saturday was my last day of work, and I don't know who's happier about that, me or Doug (me working meant he rarely had a weekend either).  It is really nice to have one less demand on my time/energy/attention.  Now if I could just get my out of whack emotions under control! Doug tells me I'm not as bad as I think I am, but that's just because I more or less manage to control myself when other people are around.  I am so easily frustrated, I drive myself nuts!!  Last week, I was practically in tears, so intense was my frustration over the difficulty of getting the jam open to make Dylan a sandwich.  (Seriously, what do they make that stuff out of? Cement?!)  :)  I'm still quite tired, but not nearly as much as I was.  

Keilana is getting really excited.  If ever I were to forget for a moment how big I was, she is constantly reminding me (bless her heart) by saying, "I see my sister is getting big!!"  She's so hilarious.  Lately one of her oft-used phrases is "Oh my gosh!" with a very teenager-like inflection.  Dylan, who is talking more all the time but still not as much as you would expect a 2 1/2 year old to, has picked up this particular expression.  When he's frustrated or annoyed about something lately he either says, "Gosh!" or "Oh man!"  Oh, and my favorite of the week: last week, Keilana and Doug were playing in the livingroom when he started teasing her.  I don't remember what he said, but I do remember Keilana's response: "Don't say that Daddy! Its incorrect!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Cute picture, cute blog, cute kids... and I hear ya on the t-shirt thing... Heck I don't get my picture taken hardly in decent looking girl shirts... but that has more to do with my face being as fat as my tummy more than anything. I hear you on the moodiness. It hasn't been too bad for me most of my pregnancy but it's been building the last two weeks. I have to say out loud to people that I'm getting moody just to remind myself not to punish THEM for MY condition... only two days of work left!!!

Sam and Kurtis said...

I think you look great!!! but i remember being at that point and just hating it. i almost got you baby girl something yesterday but figured i'd hold off until closer so then i have no excuse not to send it and then i would send it the same day i get it. Thats the plan anyway. Love ya