Monday, October 20, 2008

The Visit and the quilt



Mom and Christa were in Las Vegas all last week for an EMS conference of some sort, so Friday they rented a car and drove to our house for a visit (apparently when they made that decision, Mom was under the impression that Vegas was about 3 hours from our house, not 5 1/2. . . . . .).  We got to take them to the Farmer's Market, where they enjoyed some tamales and we all struggled to remember/figure out what the Spanish word for pork was.  I had some delicious tacos.  Its been so long since we've been to the street fair, because I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't work on Friday night.  It was fun to get out there and walk around again.  

Keilana walked Yaya over to show where her school was, and we saw a few of the murals along the way.   And of course we had to do the McDermont tour.  There was actually a lot more to see than the last time Mom was here.  They finished the zip line last week, and the framing for the tree is all up, but they still have to put on the foam.  They just started getting  the palm tree lights up this week, and Keilana and Dylan are very excited about those.  As you can see in the picture, they are neon colored, and they light up at night, serving as the street lights.  

Saturday afternoon we all went up to the Apple Festival in Springville, since Doug and I had never been before, and, though I love the citrus smell and taste I've gotten so used to here, apples always sound good.  Its just like any other community celebration fest, lots of food booths and craft booths, etc.  Mom bought me a cute "Boo" Halloween sign for the front door, and Doug got Keilana a yummy shave ice (since it was still in the high 80s:( ).   

I forgot to bring my camera along (a fairly regular habit these days, with my flakey brain), so these are pictures I stole from Christa (the ones she posted on the family website).  I absolutely hate seeing pictures of myself right now, but Doug says I can't edit myself out of all our family trips/events.  Anyway, a couple shots she got of us on our weekend adventures.

And last, but far from least, Grandma finished the baby's quilt and sent it down with Mom.  It's my favorite so far.  I requested purple this time and man did she deliver.  I think this one is absolutely adorable--complete with a big "C" for baby girl Clark.  She doesn't actually quilt anymore due to trouble with her fingers/shoulder, but I think she's usually tied baby quilts in the past anyway.  I think its beautiful!  I'm excited to wrap our newest little munchkin in it!

1 comment:

Callie said...

As I was looking at the pictures (even before I read the comment about you not liking pictures of yourself) I was thinking, she looks really tiny for being so close to her due date! :) You look great and it looks like you all had such a great time together...what a special time for you.