Wednesday, May 13, 2009

People I wish I could find again

Doug White. . .the last time we talked, he was having a rough time and I was being a lousy support because I'd just had my first baby and was exhausted.  And then he disappeared. I heard maybe Utah or Idaho?  We could stop and see him on one of our trips if we just knew where he was.  Oh, so many Doug memories.  Tap them Rockies. . . . .

Stephen.  Oh, Stephen.  Wasn't allowed to track him down in Brooklyn.  Sicked the Brooklyn missionaries on his address as payback for that.  Haven't heard a word from him in 2 1/2 years, hardly anything in the 2 years that preceded that.  Hopefully he'll get his break with an awesome script soon and is still willing to let Sam and I make a movie with him (or at least hang out on the set and enjoy all the hilarity the three of us would be sure to cause).  Does anyone else miss him as much as I do?

My 18-year old self.  I do miss her.  So adventurous and fearless; six and a half years, 3 kids and 40 pounds ago.  I'd love to get back to that, but I'm not holding my breath.


7 comments:

Laura Neill said...

I miss Stephen!! I see his mom quite often now. She says he's doing good and he hasn't been home to visit in a couple years :( I'm sure you already have heard that since she works with your mom... I think we should stalk him down and make him come visit!!

I don't miss my 18 yr old self quite as much, but a few things would be nice... I was mostly still in my awkward stage then, so I'm okay with changing a bit!

Fei said...

Ah, I remember the Doug and Douger days.

I'd been looking for him too - thought that once I'd found you that it meant I'd get back in touch with him too. Hmm.

Fei said...

Wait. I just found him again.

Search Facebook for Douglas Whyte.

Callie said...

I miss Stephen too. Oh the fun memories...the first that comes to mind is my old Rampage and the spare tire. Oh my gosh, hilarious!!!

I was just looking at pictures from our senior year the other day. I don't miss the person I was inside at 18 years old (I don't know how anyone would have wanted to be around me?!?!), but I sure would love to have that body again! To think I thought I was fat! If only my 18 year old self could have seen my 26 year old self, she would have appreciated her figure! :)

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

I was just thinking about Doug the other day. I hate misplacing friends. Thanks for bringing it up so that Faye could find him for us! :) I swear I've searched Facebook before...

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Oh! And I love the Hale hall picture! I remember those days. Actually, I had a dream last night that I was moving back in to Hale 3 and they were trying to force me to get a flu shot and I didn't want one.

Sam and Kurtis said...

I totally miss Stephen and i think its as much as you do. I keep telling kurtis stories about us in high school and then realize that he has never actually met stephen and may never meet stephen. I just wish we could have some time together to catch up maybe sit around a fire and burn something and maybe one day find where the heck our time capsle went.

I miss my 18 year old self. The energy, the figure, the excitement. But now is good too. i would like to have both of them.