Saturday, August 22, 2009

*contented sigh*

I love my husband.
I love my kids.
I'm really grateful that I got to have all of them all day today.
There just isn't enough of that around here.
I love my husband's job.
And some days, I hate myself for resenting it. . . .
but in the end, I'm always grateful he has it.
Now if I could just stop
being grumpy about the fact 
that tomorrow we have church
from 2-5 (is there a worse time for the age range of my family?)
in Porterville
and then I have to leave just after six
to go back to Porterville
to speak at a Single Adult fireside.
Can't say I'm exactly thrilled.
But I'm working on it. 
By tomorrow afternoon
I'll be ecstatic. 
Just wait and see.

1 comment:

Callie said...

I know what you mean about the love hate relationship you have with your husband's job! I feel the same way. There are so many things I love about the military, but I HATE how much they take him away from our family. I am so grateful though for the provisions the Lord has given us. Focus on the good, right?