Friday, September 12, 2008

The Fair

There were so many different vehicles--cars, tractors, etc--we had to let him get on at least one of them!
Keilana learns what it feels like when a cow gets milked.  She could turn on the milking machine and put her fingers in :)
No oinking for these two--they do out and out grunting and snorting.  Oinks are for lightweights.

Enjoying some tasty lemonade after running around looking at all the animals.
This kid loves to run--and he's very, very quick!
Dancing while the band did some covers of Johnny Cash songs.


Daddy playing keep away with Dylan's hat. . .this was the end of the game--Keilana got the hat!

We took kids to the county fair in Tulare last night.  They really enjoyed it.  Doug and I probably would've enjoyed the arts & crafts and fine arts buildings better without them, but all in all we had a good time:)  They really liked the cows (they see cows ALL the time here, but its different seeing them up close), but Dylan's favorite were the pigs.  Making pig noises is one of his favorite things to do, so he was pretty excited to touch a few.  

There's always a small petting zoo set up at the fair, and when the goat moved away from the edge of his pen, Dylan tried to crawl in with him.  The pygmy goats were more accomodating, sticking their little heads right out so that he could touch them.

After we'd all wandered around for a while, we got some drinks and funnel cakes and found a nice place to sit.  I think that was the best part of the evening for the kids. The temperatures are finally getting a bit more pleasant outside (the hottest parts of the day have only been hitting the mid 90s), so after refreshing themselves with some lemonade and tasty treats (or just lemonade and the whipped cream off the top of the funnel cakes, in Dylan's case), they got up and started dancing to the band.  That turned into a game of tag (kind of), which in turn further devolved into running around like wild monkeys.  We haven't been to the park for most of the week, because of campaign phone calls to be made, doctors appointments to be attended, and extreme fatigue wiping me out by half way through the day, so they were both VERY happy to just run free for a while.  And run they did! Man, those two are FAST!

And good news! I did my glucose screen when I went to my appointment on Wednesday, and the office called to let me know my glucose levels were great but I am anemic--so hopefully if I pick up some iron today that will help with at least some of my fatigue!  Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures... Hope the iron works out. My Doc. prescribed some but I think that's more because I'm not good at taking my prenatals... I figure I'll start with that.