Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Did I mention?

Doug's little brother, Brad, was diagnosed with cancer over the weekend, and had surgery yesterday. Though he has had some complaints about swelling and pain for more than a year, not much was done about it due to his employment and residency circumstances. Fortunately, those circumstances have changed in the last couple of weeks and his health can now be addressed.

The doctor found that the mass was much bigger and farther advanced than he initially thought when he did the first exam last week, but he does think he got it all during the surgery. So, keep Brad in your prayers. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the problem, but you never want to put the cart before the horse when you're talking about nasty, whacked out cells on a mission to destroy. Those things have a mind of their own, I tell you. We'll know more after the biopsy on the tumor is complete. Hopefully he's on the road to recovery now.

So you pray for Brad, and I'll pray that the Lord keep me mindful of the fact that he admonished us to, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them which hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you." 'Cause let me tell ya: I ain't feeling it right now. Maybe it would be more appropriate to remind myself that the Lord said, "Vengeance is mine". And, no, I'm not declaring a war on cancer. I don't expect cancer to know any better. Human beings with moral obligations, on the other hand, I expect to do the right thing. And I don't like it when they don't.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Amen. I feel the beat you're laying down.