Friday, November 20, 2009

Home again, home again

My husband will be home in a few hours. The house is completely clean (including freshly laundered bedding--there are few things I like better than clean sheets and newly shaven legs when I fall into bed at night), the car is scrubbed and vacuumed, and the patio and backyard are cleaned up and swept. Its a pretty comfortable place to be.

So many heartaches lately, so many frustrations, so many reasons to be angry. Having my husband away all week has just reminded me all over again that I am supremely blessed. Whatever else happens in life, I have that one person I always miss terribly when he's away, that person who misses me. He's not perfect and neither am I. As a matter of fact, we're both terribly flawed. But we can see glimpses in each other of that perfect person that could exist someday, with enough practice and enough help.

Having someone constantly beside you as your friend and companion, encouraging you, lifting you and loving you even when you fail makes every other trial in life seem quite small.

2 comments:

Mel McDonald said...

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try that next time:) Happy to hear about your clean house. Amen about the clean sheets and shaven legs. Enjoy your weekend.

Christa said...

ditto to melissa's amen to fresh sheets and super smooth legs. a just-made bed is one of my favorite things ever. and yay for hubby coming home.