Sunday, May 4, 2008

Home again, home again!!

The kids and I are taking a trip to MT.  We're very excited (especially Keilana) to see Yaya and Papa and all the cousins.  Keilana told me her best friend Maysa will be there and she'll get to see Israel and "Red Grandma".  I'm sure that Dylan's excited, too, but as I've already mentioned, its harder to tell from what he says.

We are flying home on June 15th.  Hopefully, we will be there for a surprise birthday party/family reunion for my Grandma Umphrey (or Joy, I guess).  Her 80th birthday is in September, but apparently it was a lot easier for my aunt's family to come up in June since they were already going to be in Idaho for the Iron Man (yes, they are those crazy people who swim 2.4 miles, then bike 112 miles and then run a marathon).  So hopefully it will be an Umphrey event.

Bless my dear, patient mother for trying to plan something nice for her mother-in-law, despite hitting a lot of snags and hurdles along the way (including me stalking her about final plans so I didn't miss the opportunity to purchase affordable plane tickets for my tots and I).  That's a lot of people's schedules to try to plan around and its been pretty tricky, but she's been great about all of it.

Even if it all falls apart and the family reunion doesn't happen, I figure the worst case scenario is that I get to take a two week trip home (which includes my birthday--which I haven't spent in MT since I was 19), see my whole family and my grandma and be gone during the McDermont grand opening.  So I'll miss all the hectic, crazy busyness and stress of those two weeks when I probably wouldn't see my husband even if I was here.  

So hopefully I'll see some ya'll in MT!!

4 comments:

...Laura... said...

woohoo! B-day party at becky's house! I'll bring the crunch cheetos! :)

...Laura... said...

Hey Rebecky- what ever happened to the Holy Water?

Callie said...

Oooh, a b-day party at the Umphrey's sounds like fun! It has been awhile!!! :) I'll be home the 17th! :) Yay!

Rebecca Susan said...

You know, I'm not sure what happened to the Holy Water. I know I had it for a couple of years, but I don't know where it went when I moved into the purple bedroom. Hmmm. . . .