Monday, July 28, 2008

A word about blogs and love. . .

Okay, SEVERAL times now, I have had people get hurt, offended or upset because they found out about something through my blog--especially the pregnancy.  

Here's the thing: THAT'S WHY I KEEP A BLOG.  So that people, if they are interested, can keep track of what's going on in our lives.  That way I'm not forgetting to tell someone specific who wants to know, nor am I constantly updating people who don't really care.  

I am not one of those announce-to-the-whole-world-one-at-a-time people.  Both the other times we were expecting, we told our moms and let the news spread from there. I think I did send out a massive group email at one point to let people know.  That's it. 

And I didn't intentionally leave individual people out of the loop, for anyone who thinks I waited so long to tell them.  Until I was 16 weeks pregnant, the only people who knew were Doug, Sam and Amanda (who I told when I was about 9 weeks along because I thought it would be good for her to know we were expecting at about the same time again and because she babysits for me when I go to the doctor).  

Just because you find things out through my blogs doesn't mean I don't love you.  I just figure most don't really care when they find out what about my life, because more often than not, how much does it really matter?  If there's something you need to know personally, I'll tell you personally.  Otherwise, please don't take offense where none is intended.

1 comment:

...Laura... said...

Here Here! *raising glass of orange crush*