Sunday, November 16, 2008

I was right!

My sister Christina (West, not Umphrey:) ) had her baby this morning.  She had a little girl!!  They didn't find out, so we all took guesses, and I was one of the few who guessed correctly, so I'm pretty jazzed:)   Alexandra Bailey West (I believe that's all spelled right) was born around 10 this morning, measuring 20 inches long and weighing 6 pounds, 13 ounces (almost a full pound bigger than her brother was!).  She is a cutie.  She definitely has her momma's big, pretty mouth and though I didn't see them (she was a little too wrapped up and I didn't want to disturb her) she apparently has beautiful piano player hands.  I was surprised to see that, even though she was only about 4 hours old when I met her, she was already very round and pink, rather than squished and blotchy:)

Christa actually looked pretty good herself.  She was able to have a natural delivery, even though she had an emergency c-section with her first baby.  Sounds like things went pretty smoothly, overall, and I'm glad she was able to delivery vaginally.  All Katy's kids were mostly problem-free regular deliveries, but the previous 7 births among her daughters had all, for one reason or another, been c-sections.  Way to break the trend, Christa!!  

Anyway, just wanted to share the happy news with everyone.  I think her nickname is going to be either Alexa or Alex, though I'm not sure which.  Its about time we got some girls around here.  Keilana's been the only one for so long!  Well, we've got two more coming next month, I guess.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures?!