Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving!

It was a pretty quiet Thanksgiving this year--at least compared with what we're used to.  Everybody had a lot going on this year, so instead of heading over to the coast en masse, it was just Doug, Keilana, Dylan and I at Mom's (Katy's) with Mom, Chuck, Sarah, Rachel and Brad.  It was tasty.  And so much left over pie.  So head to our house if you'd like some more pumpkin, lemon meringue or banana chocolate.  A few of the day's highlights:
Keilana in her "turkey hat", in the car on the way to Grandma's house.
Rachel working off dinner through a wrestling match with the kids.
Rachel giving Keilana's turkey hat a try.
The Winter girls trying to redeem themselves after I took a very unflattering photo of them. . .this one is much nicer.
The tryptophan kicking in.  Well, that or going to bed at 2am the night before.
The kids playing. . . .I don't know, something noisy.
Keilana hanging out with Grandma (working diligently on Alexa's baby blanket).  I can't get that girl to NOT cheese out.
Keilana trying (quite unsuccessfully) to get Brad out of her way.
Me, with 5 days to go until my due date.  But at most, I will no longer be pregnant 2 weeks from tomorrow.  Woohoo!!  I can't breath anymore, and its getting really annoying.

Overheard on Thanksgiving Day:

Doug (to Keilana upon waking):  "Where's Dylan?  He never got in bed with us.  Despite how uncomfortable it is, Daddy likes having you guys in bed with us."

Chuck (decrying his name):  Charles is the butler!

Keilana:  Daddy, stop being so weird today!

Keilana: You look like a turkey!

Dylan:  I want eat  
(2 hours after everyone else had had dinner, and he refused to eat and simply sat at the table salting his food).

Dylan: I want bite
(as soon as the pies came out)


1 comment:

Becky said...

hahahahahahahah...yes, I have thought the bald caillou a bit creepy...also - I think this is an internal conflict with all things Canada as well...but I have a few canadian friends who read - so I try to be careful and categorize under french canadians - because, who doesn't hate the french-canadians?!