Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feeling ungrateful

House tidy but not clean. . . .
closets/spare rooms disorganized and piled. . . .
counter tops, table tops, dresser tops all with piles. . .
walls and baseboards need cleaning. . .
desk needs to be overhauled from top of hutch down through every drawer. . .
carpet needs replacing (it stinks from the dang cat). . . 
toilets and bathtubs need to be scrubbed. . .
floors need to be mopped. . .
stairs need to be vacuumed. . .
papers need to be filed. . .
garage needs to be organized. . .
backyard looks like white trash, wood scraps everywhere, no grass. . .
in the mean time, lost both pacifiers. . .
baby wants to be held constantly, harder to get to sleep. . .

want candy/pasta/cookies
and fresh flowers. . .
a kiss and a hug. . .
tired and frustrated nearly to the point of swearing and tears (yes, I'm that bothered by clutter and disorder). . .

but not quite. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky I am so sorry... I'm on your team. I have each of those on my checklist. It sucks, but I hope you get caught up, or at least get your blinders on before the not quite becomes quite too much.

Becky said...

becky - i was so close to calling you this afternoon and offering to share my frozen tamales with you - i would have heated them up and everything, maybe even warmed up some beans and made some rice. but then i thought, naw - i'll just finish my nap and send nice thoughts her way. i know, i know...i've got a selfish streak in me. i'm glad you're feeling better. it does make me feel better that someone else gets so upset about clutter...it can ruin my day - take away my focus - turn my mood sour - when everything's in disarray. alrighty - good thoughts coming your way. bb

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Oh Becky, your house sounds like mine! Its driving me crazy! but I figure I'll get to it sometime....hopefully by next weekend when the inlaws come up :)