Thursday, February 19, 2009

Growing Babies

Dylan turned 3 yesterday.  Can't hardly believe it!  Anyway, I'll write more about that after his party on Saturday, too tired to get blogging right now, so just a quick update.

Took Kylie Bear to her 2 month check up today.  She is 23.5 inches long and weighs 14 pounds even (this time, Daddy guessed it exactly right).  While I love that she's easy to hold on to and find her chubs extremely endearing, it is also rather annoying.  I went and bought her several more 3-6 month items because I was tired of trying to stretch 0-3's over here, and it has become quite apparent that the 3-6s are not going to last until June. Ha. Not even close.  Grrrr!!  Anyway, she was awesome.  For some inexplicable reason, she cried at Dr. Resa.  Both of my other kids love him, and he adores little babies.  He has mentioned several times that he would like to take Kylie home with him. Maybe she thought he was serious, because my normally very low-key and contented baby cried every time he tried to talk to her today.  Fortunately, she handled her shots really well.  She cried (that little, wimpy baby cry--not that heartbreaking shriek/howl thing) when she was actually getting stuck each time, and then let out one biggish (though still pretty wimpy) squeal on the last one (I think at that point she was just mad that it kept happening over and over).  Then I picked her up, she stopped crying and that was the end of it.  And after 5 shots and one oral vaccine, she was still smiley and cooing at me:
(Forgive the picture quality, I snapped this with my phone).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it wasn't so horrible for her! I love the picture, her red hair makes me laugh

Becky said...

hey - we're done with baby clothes for a minimum of 2-3 years with all that's going on - all of charlie's stuff is just sitting in a tub...if you ever want to borrow stuff - instead of buying for the 13 days she's going to fit it - give me a holler...bye - bb

Callie said...

The bigger babies go through clothes really, really quickly. Kaden outgrew his stuff so fast. He actually had been given so much stuff from one of our friends here who has a little boy a couple of years older than Kaden and she's a shopaholic...so Kaden actually had clothes he never got to wear because he outgrew it too quickly!