Monday, August 16, 2010

Here we go. . .

A new school year starts tomorrow. The kids should have no problem with the schedule, since the latest they ever sleep is 6:30 anyway. I'm never thrilled about the 6am wake up hollers, though, so I'd better adjust.

Dylan will have Mrs. Sanchez, and Keilana's class/teacher have yet to be posted (and yes, I am very annoyed that I can't find out because they haven't posted it or sent a letter and trying to call the office is a joke, as all their lines are so busy that trying to stay on hold that long just makes me want to shoot someone). Dylan is not nervous at all, of course, since he has been asking, "Is it time to go to school?" every morning for the last two weeks and has always been very annoyed when I reply, "Not yet, still a few more days." Keilana is a little nervous, since she doesn't know who her teacher will be or what kids will be in her class, and she always feels a bit of trepidation mixed with excitement when it comes to new social experiences. But I'm pretty confident that by the end of the day she'll have 10 new friends and love her teacher, so I'm not too worried about it.

Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures and let you know how it went. Dylan will be going to preschool in the afternoon, right at the time Kylie usually naps, so its a very realistic possibility that I will have somewhere in the vicinity of 2 hours every afternoon where NO children are demanding my attention. Its sort of an amazing thought. *happy dancing*

No comments: