Friday, March 26, 2010

November 2007

In June of 2006, this building was nothing more than an idea in Scot's mind and a vague picture in Doug's head. A year and a half later, there it was, going up. A year after that it was almost complete with rock wall, giant tree, zip line, soccer fields, fitness center, Flow Rider, etc, etc.

Its been an amazing journey.

Very quickly after I met Doug, I knew he'd do amazing things. I was shocked to see that impression realized so soon. All along the way I've been grateful to be a little part of it, but thoroughly convinced I'd never want to do it again. Well. I said I'd never get married before I finished college--I've been married almost 7 years with college still unfinished. I swore I'd never have a redhead. The Lord has sent me three so far. I swore I'd never have a December baby--didn't mean to, but here she is. Swore I'd never live in California, but here I am. Since God seems determined to prove to me who's really in charge of my life, I've learned to never say "never". Only Heaven knows what adventures await us still. I've learned to welcome the adventures with open arms. Usually.

No comments: