Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Eye Owie




Ok, since I posted the pics of our trip to the beach, I've had lots of people send me comments/emails/text messages asking what on earth happened to poor Dylan's eye.  Last Wednesday, I was teaching one of my young women some basics about photography so she could do a photo project for one of her Personal Progress projects. We took my kids to the park so she could take some pictures of them to practice people pictures.  Dylan loves the park, so as Susie was unbuckling his carseat, he was shaking with excitement and as soon as the top buckle was undone he leapt out of his seat before anyone had a chance to think or react.  Splat! right onto the asphalt went my baby boy.  This is what it looked like that afternoon.  It actually looked worse the next day, all swollen and scabbed over and discolored.


2 comments:

...Laura... said...

oh, how sad! That's exactly how Hayden is when we're getting out of the car to go play somewhere! Thankfully, he hasn't splatted on the ground yet- he sort of did the same thing off his tricycle yesterday, though. We were riding along, I was pushing him, and he saw something on the ground he wanted, so he just toppled over and fell real fast trying to get it! Crazy boys- they just go for what they want, no matter if they get hurt.

Christa said...

Hey, keith has that same shirt, but the background is blue! I love it. We got it on clearance at Old Navy for like $2.00.