Friday, September 26, 2008

Woohoo!!!

Ok, so today I work from 5:30 to 9:30, tomorrow I work from 9 to 5:30 and next weekend I work Friday night and all day on Saturday, too.  I am not looking forward to going.  I love McDermont and for the most part I enjoy working.  But rarely having any time to spend with Doug on the weekend (or, worse, having to find a babysitter because we're both occupied) is wearing on me.  So is being on my feet for 4 to 9 hours at a time.  So is one particular coworker that I can't stand and Doug can't stand and both of us have to work with.  Etc., etc., etc.

Anyway, so last night I was saying something about work this weekend and Doug said, "Have you given them your two week notice yet?"  And I replied that I hadn't, that I was gonna work through the end of October so I still had a few weeks to get it in.  He said, "Why?  You're the one that decided to keep working that long.  Why don't you just give them your notice now?  Its getting to be more of a burden than a benefit at this point."  For some reason (I blame ditzy pregnancy brain) it never occurred to me that I could quit in the middle of the month.  So I am handing in my 2 week notice today, and the last day I'll be working is October 11th (and I've already got my schedule through that week, so no waiting around to see what happens/how much will be on my paycheck).  I'm glad to be finishing.  Two more weeks and I'm outta there (though I imagine I'll still end up over there a lot, just not working).

And even more exciting news. . . .(drum roll, please). . . .Mom and Christa are coming to see me!  Last night I called my mom to discuss some rather huge life course changes we may make in the next year (more on that as it develops. . .) and she told me that she and Christa are coming down to Vegas for a conference and decided to rent a car on Friday and drive over to see us.  So they'll be here on October 17 & 18.  Its a quick trip (and mom will be back in December to meet Kylie), but I'm so excited.  I told her that we'd have to take Christa out for a birthday taco (her birthday is the week before that).  I saw them both when we went home in June, so it's only been about 3 months, but I usually don't get to see family that frequently.  Its a nice pre-Halloween treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay and Yay! Yay for quitting and Yay for family... I'm such a dork though, when I read your msn note about your mom and sis I thought that's funny... Mom's still online! I get it though. That's also great about Keilana reading and spelling. Keep it up, I hope the fatigue where's off a bit:)