Monday, April 12, 2010

Compromise

When I started to get Kylie dressed in this cute little sweat pants and velour shirt combo this morning (very appropriate for a day at home that's all cold and drizzly, especially since I only turn on our heat about four times a year), she started yelling at me in a clearly irritated tone and pointing. It took me a second, but I realized she was pointing at the dresses in her closet. When she saw that I figured out what she was pointing at, she pointed at them one more time and then huffed as she pointed at herself. I maintained that it was too cold for a sundress, but she wasn't interested in listening to reason. Keilana didn't clean her room very well before bed time last night, which turned out to be fortuitous, as it meant that one of the girls' tutus was still lying on the ground. I pulled that up over Kylie's sweats and now everybody is happy.
When she started crying at strangers at 8 weeks, I knew she was going to be a problem. But throwing fits about dresses before 18 months?! Keep your fingers crossed for us. We're gonna need it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The girl has good taste. She looks adorable in that tutu.