Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost a decade

Today is the kids' last day of school. As we were making our way home in the sunshine, I was feeling a little lost, as there wasn't a Sam, a Stephen, a bonfire, a creek, or marshmallow to be seen. It's been 9 years since I've had a last day of school like that, yet I still have that feeling every June. I wonder how many more years til that feeling wears off.

Of course, I don't think I'll ever not miss Sam and Stephen. Life was fun with those two. Really fun.

1 comment:

kimimiashley said...

Oh Becky, just seeing Stephens name in your blog made me burst into tears. I miss those simple days when you guys just all hung out and had fun. I haven't seen Stephen in a long time and don't hear much either. Life hasn't been the easiest on him and I just wish I could make it all better. But, such is giving your children wings I suppose. Thanks for being a great friend.