Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Locks of Love

So, there aren't many physical features I care for much about myself.  I can pick apart just about everyone of my own features until I'm in tears if the mood is right.  But God did bless me with one beauty: thick, healthy, shiny, beautiful hair that grows pretty quickly.  And it so happens that the one physical gift I was given is something I can share with others.  How cool is that?  Fortunately, my little girl seems to have inherited my hair genes, so she joined me in donating her locks to locks of love, where they will be used to make wigs for little girls who have cancer and have lost their own hair to chemotherapy.  This is the third time I've done it in the last 4 1/2 years, totaling somewhere around 5 1/2 feet of hair.  And I got a great haircut that will fare much better in the CA heat out of it!

Keilana and I holding our donations.  I didn't measure them this time.

Keilana's awesome new haircut.  Doesn't she just look like a doll?

The shortest haircut I've had since I was 8! Love it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh my goodness. i barely recognized you. aughhh! you have a lot of nerve...but it looks absolutely amazing...totally makes you a different woman...you need to pout a bit and vamp it up for doug tonight...bb

Sam and Kurtis said...

I love it its so cute. Keilana looks like sheirly temple. I just wacked mine of about a week ago too. Way to hot for summer. it really makes your eyes pop.