Saturday, August 8, 2009

My heart

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination."
-Henry David Thoreau


I love this photograph.
Granted, the picture itself is no great work of art, 
but it just captures so well who my little girl is.
She has taken to reporting to me each morning
the dreams she had the night before
(a habit her Yaya would certainly approve of).
The plots change every night, 
but there is most always a princess (or two or three)
and if its a bad dream
often there's an evil knight
or a dragon.
Sometimes she's the princess.
Sometimes she's the good knight who rescues the princesses.
Always,
the ending is happy.
That's Keilana.
Full of fantastical flights of fancy,
always ready for some adventure
completely, actively "in the moment"
every moment
and yet still with her head in the clouds.
My little helper.
My little jewel.

1 comment:

...Laura... said...

That's a very cute picture! I love watching kids as their imagination grows! It's so much fun :)