Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just so you know

Our five year old, wireless keyboard went kaput last week. The space bar kept getting stuck and it was just getting a little "sticky" over all. So we went and bought a new keyboard on Monday. And its so pleasant to type on that I keep wanting to sit down at the computer and write just so that I can use it. Yes, I love typing on a good keyboard that much.

Its like when I have a fresh new notebook and a new pen with the perfect flow and a fine, sharp tip. I just want to spend all day writing. Seriously, office supply stores make me so excited. All those fresh, clean notebooks and beautiful, perfect pens. And all the folders, binders, and various organizational supplies.

When I was a teenager, I always had a ball point pen hooked to the pocket of my jeans--seriously, always, everywhere I went. There was always a thin little silver clip hanging over my pocket. Often two. Or hanging off one of the various necklaces around my neck. But I always had a good pen.

Then I had children.

But I still love pens and notebooks and keyboards. And some day I'll be organized enough and my children will be old and self-sufficient enough that I can again spend hours just thinking and writing. And still sleep (because it seems once you have children, everything productive must happen between the hours of 8pm and 8am).

*sigh*

1 comment:

Christa said...

then you might understand my weird longing for a desktop keyboard again. ahh, to have the tall, clicking keys. i've gotten used to my laptop now to type on, but i still miss the longer stroke of the desktop keyboard. hahaha...did i just reveal my huge nerdiness?