Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grrr! Floppy ankles!!

So Sunday after Church I asked the Bishop if I could talk to him for a couple of minutes.  I intended to really only be in there for about two minutes to pass along some information about the girls and some suggestions for his 4th Sunday lesson.  But being that its Kindon, of course he asked several unassuming, caring questions and I ended up in there talking with him for about 45 minutes.  Long enough for my right leg to fall asleep while sitting crossed over my left.

So I stand up to walk out, no problem.  But as soon as I take a step forward on my right foot and come down on it with all my weight, it kind of buckles, as legs tend to do when they're asleep.  That wouldn't be such a big deal, except for the combination of my horrible ankles that have been sprained too many times to be terribly strong and the fact that I was wearing heals.  Snap! Ankle rolls and pops.

So now its all swollen and purple (my favorite color!!) and I can only bear weight on it for little spurts, so my house is kind of a disaster and Keilana is rather cranky about not going to the park at all the last two days.  Can't say I blame her, since I also can't play any active games with them, so we have to read, or color or play catch or the games have to be just her and Dylan.  And she likes all that, but ALL day?  She just has far too much energy to be contained in a house all day.  It makes that little Tigger crazy.

So here's hoping it will be more or less healed by Sunday.  It is going to be a real trial getting through the airport with both my monkeys and our stuff if I'm still limping like this.  Thank goodness its a direct flight! A layover might kill me! LOL

1 comment:

Callie said...

I'm stressing about getting all my stuff ready to go and flying with Kaden...I couldn't imagine trying to fly with two little ones and having a bum ankle to boot! Ugh.

How long are you in MT for again? I can't remember...imagine that. We definitely have to catch up while you are home! Maybe we can get Laura to join up with us too...that would be fun! I get there Tuesday and I can't wait!