Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby!

Ok, so three posts in a row now, I'm starting to sound like one of those crazy obsessive pregnant women who has nothing going on in my life but being pregnant.

I went to my midwife today.  Belly growing well (almost too well for my taste) and her heartbeat was very strong, and exactly where it was supposed to be at 140 beats per minute.  She moves even less now than she used to, but I'm sure that's just a matter of space (or lack thereof) at this point.  Her head, though not engaged, is moving lower (of course, I could've told you that before the appointment just based on the fact that my hips now feel as though they function independent of each other, unconnected, and every joint in my pelvis hurts horribly).   But the reason I'm so excited is that she wrote down, in pen, on my chart today "Induction on 12/12 if baby has not arrived".  So its official--I will absolutely NOT be pregnant more than another 6 1/2 weeks.  Five would be better, but what can you do?  I'm not going to be induced earlier and risk the chance of sitting in the hospital for 2 days again.  Ugh.  And it sounds like there's a good possibility that my mom may make it down for the birth after all.  Yippee!!!

Amanda watched Dylan for me today while I was in Visalia (I had to do a strep test today and last time he got a little nervous while I was on the exam table, so I wasn't sure how he'd handle that) and gave him a much needed and much appreciated haircut!! He looks so cute.  He's napping, but I'll try to get pictures of him when he's awake.  You should've seen the pile of hair it left on the floor--both those kids got my copious hair.  You could've practically made a wig from the clippings.  Plus, I scored more cute little girl clothes.  A friend of Amanda's is done having babies, so she passed on all her baby girl clothes to Amanda.  Amanda doesn't do purple, and I do a lot of purple (particularly since I have one redheaded girl and am likely to have another), so she gave me all kinds of cute little things for Baby Girl Clark.  She told me my belly was big, and was like, "You're a lot bigger than I am".  After remembering that wasn't supposed to be an insult:) I reminded her that even though our babies will likely be born only 2 or 3 days apart, my baby is actually 3 weeks older than hers (she's due Christmas day, but will be having a c-section on the 15th).

Keilana and Dylan had SO much fun playing with Clayton.  Its been a while since we went over there.  Dylan is such a boy.  At one point, Amanda and I were sitting in the livingroom, and he struts into the room in little rubber frog boots, with a water gun in each hand and yells "Ha ha!" as he jumps forward, legs wide apart and shoots both guns in the air.  If he weren't 3 ft tall wearing rubber boots, it may have been very intimidating.  Instead, it was incredibly hilarious.  

Anyway, I'm starving, since all I've eaten today are a granola bar, some trail mix and three bite size Twixes, so I'm gonna go find some real food.  Inching ever closer to not having to be pregnant anymore!

1 comment:

Callie said...

Isn't it wonderful when you have an induction date? For me that was the most amazing thing ever to know that after x number of days, I wouldn't be pregnant any longer! Hopefully for your sake, she decides to make her arrival before then, though. I know, as you do, how tough induced labor can be! Hang in there. You are almost done.

You are not a crazy pregnant woman. I think it is completely natural at this point in your pregnancy to be thinking of nothing else but having the baby. It is hard not to when your every move is hampered by being pregnant.