Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cartober fest and fall at last

Every October, Lindsay hosts a chili cook off.  This year, with wonderful McDermont just across the street and available, there was also a car show.  So the street in front of our house was full of vendors, lots of live music, clowns, etc.  And McDermont was full of cars!! Doug was helping to run the event, so we went over for a while to check it out and pay him a visit.  It was a lot of fun.  Dylan loved all the cars and hated that I wouldn't let him drive any of them.  There were about 75 cars and 25 or 30 motorcycles, and almost all of them were very, very cool.  Keilana liked just about anything that was a convertible.  I should also point out that I did not dress her.  She loves those silly boots and even though I've told her that they are for snow, if we get the teensy, tiniest bit of rain, she insists on wearing them.  This is a battle I see no sense in fighting, so I let her wear the furry things.  
In the arcade, Keilana tries her feet at the soccer kick game.
Dylan's favorite game in the arcade is, of course, the Nascar cars.  Though Whac-A-Mole and the Tokyo Drift Superbikes come in a close tied second.  He's actually pretty darned good at Whac-A-Mole.
Keilana was very bossy about Dance Dance Revolution--apparently, Dylan's dancing skills aren't up to her standards.
All the cars!!  Its so fun to see big things starting to happen over there.  Its been such a great journey and I'll be so grateful when I don't have to think about it anymore!!


I actually remembered to take my camera with me to the park today.  My ability to take a decent picture seems to decrease inversely proportionate to the size of my belly.  But there were a couple good ones in there.  It was so nice out--probably the high 70s, and sunny but not overbearingly so.  We stayed longer than usual today, and the kids were grateful for that.  They got lots of time to run and jump and climb and scream without ever once being told to slow down or quiet down.  They needed some extra time.  They were very, very happy.

Kids these days. . . .so disrespectful! :)
He thought he was such a clever monkey, until he realized he couldn't reach the bar in the middle.
Both of my kids prefer going up the slide to going down it.
Keilana taking a break, after going up and sliding down about 5 times in very rapid succession.
He really is a better, more agile climber than his girthiness would indicate.
Dylan tries to maintain his balance as Keilana gives him a push on the "spinner", as Keilana likes to call it.
If Dylan looks a little irritated here, its because he is.  Keilana runs up and down these bars all the time.  He has not yet figured out how to do it, and he HATES being outdone by his sister.
A favorite activity for both the kids is just hanging on the monkey bars, without ever going anyway.  I don't really get why its so funny, but then again, I haven't the sophisticated sense of play of a 2 or 4 year old.

And, on a final note, I went to my midwife again today.  I have 8 weeks to go until the due date, and my belly is measuring just right (still just a tiny smidge big).  The big news of the day is that she's finally turned around (no longer kinda-head-up-but-mostly-sideways), with her head down.  And now that she's a little more straight up and down, I'm a bit more comfortable.  The iron I started taking after my last appointment has made a big difference.  I'm still tired, but not nearly as fatigued as I had been.  Lets hope whatever bit of energy I have left lasts me another two months!

No comments: