Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How quickly we forget

I went to see my midwife today, and after the regular measure-the-belly, listen-to-the-heart routine, she did quite a bit of external palpitation to try to figure out how baby girl Clark is situated and what her size is.  She's sitting exactly like I thought she was based on what I could feel and her movement patterns.  Rita said she'd guess at this point she's about 7 1/4 pounds, if not a little bigger, with a few weeks still to grow.   Now, she could be way off, but given the size of my first two babies, that sounds about right.  That seems so small, especially after holding Christa's almost-7 pound baby this week.  It amazing how quickly we forget just how small they are when they get here.  I was looking at pictures of Keilana and Dylan when they arrived to help my brain adjust from 35 pound 2-year-old mode to newborn mode.

Keilana napping (a rare happening even then!) at exactly one week old.
Trying to escape the confines of her bassinet at exactly 2 weeks (dressed up for Daddy's graduation that day).
Dylan at home at 3 days old. . . .his 0-3 month sleepers certainly seem to have a lot of wiggle room!

My 20 month old toddler holding her baby brother (about 9 hours old in this picture) for the first time.  They BOTH look really small in this one! :)


1 comment:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

I've been going thru my zillions of photos and uploading them to photobucket, its hard to believe my 4 year old was ever so small!