Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kylie's First Bath

Yes, you read that right. My baby's almost a month old and is just getting her first bath.  Her umbilical cord stump didn't fall off until yesterday.  She'll be four weeks old on Friday, so I think that's a bit ridiculous.  Anyway, I love bathing babies, so I was glad it finally came off. I love that soft, clean baby feeling.  She handled her first excursion into the water the same way she handles just about everything:  peaceful contentment.  When I poured water over her head, it surprised her a little, but didn't really bug her.  She's so mellow!  

Before the water over the head. . .poor thing has the 3-week acne.  Hope it doesn't last long!
Looking delightfully porky with her double elbows and little arm rolls--I love baby chub.
She was a little upset about the cold once she was out of the tub, but a pacifier and a little interaction from her sister (who she's actually staring at in this picture) was enough to solve the problem.
All cleaned up in her fresh, clean clothes.  This is a 0-3 month sleeper and she's not quite a month old yet.  I hope we don't have to go clothes shopping too soon. I still need to buy more pants for Keilana!

2 comments:

Callie said...

She sounds like a delightful little baby. I have many a picture of Kaden screaming in the bathtub!

I hate to tell you this, but if she is anything like Kaden, she is going to grow out of her clothing faster than she can wear it! Kaden has slowed down a bit, but he is still wearing 18 month clothing at 9 months! He was fitting into 6-9 month clothing at four months! So yeah, good luck with that one.

Christa said...

Alexa didn't have her first bath until a month old either. And she was so mellow too compared to Keith. No crying or fussing at all. She's so different from him.