Friday, January 30, 2009

Summing up the week

I got a message the other day asking, "Where'd that Becky who waxes philosophical about things go?"  Well, she's been a little wrapped up in the amour she feels for her new baby and juggling the other two kids and getting back into a regular routine.  But I promise I'll be back to that routine soon (all kinds of things rolling around my head that I'd like to get on paper.  Well, actually, I've already got them on paper--need to condense them and get them on screen).  In the meantime, a few highlights from this week:
Taking a moment after her bath to appreciate how well-insulated Kylie is.  Oh, I do so love my chubby babies (Doug made up a "chubby baby" song for Keilana when she was a few months old and now she sings it to Kylie.  They do grow up so fast. . . .)


Keilana begged for curlers two nights in a row, so here we see what's left of the ringlets after a very long day at school.


I'm not generally one to blog about food (well, not food I cook anyway), but this was just such a yummy dinner the other night.  I've made all these things before, but for some reason never all in the same meal and was delightfully surprised at what a yummy como they were (and its a super easy meal to make).  If you're interested:  salmon fillet topped with cut small sweet peppers and chopped parsley drizzled with olive oil and cooked at 425* for 15 minutes.  Fresh brocolli, steamed.  Spinach stuffed mushrooms:  remove stems, chop, set aside.  Chop fresh spinach.  Saute mushroom caps in olive oil.  Set aside.  Saute mushroom stems and spinach in olive oil, then stuff into caps.  Yum.

5 comments:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Chubby babies are the best aren't they! I can't wait till miss Quora starts getting her little rolls :)
and MMMMMMM your dinner certainly looks yummy

Anonymous said...

Please tell Keilana for me that she looks SO PRETTY in her curls. I'm sure she knows that but I want her to know that I know it too! What a beautiful little girl! She's growing so fast! Kylie is a doll too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got that Becky... that's what I was going for

Christa said...

Her hair looks so beautiful all curled like that, I love it! (and man do those stuffed mushrooms look yummy, mmmm)

Becky said...

i think you breast milk is 90% butter fat. i was a 10% gal myself...skinny little babies until i quit trying to feed them myself and then they'd get all chubby and happy. i miss chubby babies. bb.