Monday, February 2, 2009

Don't blink

Today as we were walking home from preschool, I was watching Keilana run down the street in front of me, with her long body so apparent in her little fitted tshirt and her long, lean legs so cute in her little jeans.  She looks so big, I thought.  Not like a little toddler girl or a little preschool girl, but just a plain ol' little girl.  She can read some very simple books and no longer calls me Mama or Mommy--just simply "Mom".  I suddenly thought, Where'd my baby go?  When did this:



Become this:

She's so beautiful and so much fun.  But I couldn't help thinking when I looked at this:


Don't blink.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my goodness, the little one has jowls! Um, I hope this isn't offensive, but she actually reminds me of G-ma Clark in those bottom two. =)

Becky said...

I'm so excited for time to move quickly so that my baby will get here. I wasn't even thinking about how fast time will move once she is here. They grow up so fast!