Saturday, February 6, 2010

flee! flee!

I'm having one of those moments. Talked to my awesome grandma for about an hour last night, which of course meant that all day today I've been feeling the need for a Montana fix. Don't want to do anything. No, scratch that. I do want to write, knit, watch a good movie and read a good book, but I don't want to do anything I'm supposed to. Having one of those days where I suddenly wish that I had no callings (don't want to do any of the things I should for my 4--yes, count them, 4--callings) and no bills and no school (well, technically, Keilana has school) so that I could just steal away somewhere fun with my husband and kids and not worry about anything else.

Does such a place exist in grown up land?

Doug jokingly asked this morning, "How about we drive up Highway 1 to Monterey today?" Oh, the temptation. A great drive along the rocky coast. A day at the Aquarium. Chowder in a bread bowl slathered with garlic butter. Happy little kids playing in the surf. That sounds pretty fabulous.

Ah, but in two weeks we're doing Disneyland for the Wild Thing's 4th birthday. Four. Where does the time go? Suddenly, two weeks doesn't seem so long.

2 comments:

Callie said...

I had one of those moments the other day where I was watching Kaden play and thought, "That's my boy! He's my child! I'm married. I'm about to have another baby. When did that happen? When did I get so old?" Then, Kaden did something hilarious and I realized that there isn't a place in this world I would rather be than here, now, watching my boy grow and explore!

I understand your longing for Montana, though. I will always have that special place in my heart for MT, but it isn't home for me anymore. My boys aren't there...home is where they are!

Sam and Kurtis said...

lol. We frequently have those thoughts except we call it "Camping" and by camping we mean getting the blankets out in the living room and cuddling up and watching a movie. Lol.

I totally understand the MT thing. I get it alot. and i don't live that far away really. I'm so excited becuase i get to go "home" this week. Mission will always be home. this is where i live and where my family is and where we are but mission will always be where i call "home" because thats where i was molded and shaped into who i am.

Love ya hope you have fun at Disneyland. I can't beleive he's that old. its crazy how fast they grow.