Thursday, July 17, 2008

Daddy was right!

It's a girl!  And that's probably good.  I think Keilana would've been very disappointed had we found out we were having a boy.  She's been asking over and over to see the pictures of "my little sister".

She and Dylan were both very quiet during the ultrasound, just sitting on Doug's lap for the most part.  I was pointing out different things to Keilana on the screen--backbone, heartbeat (she like that), fingers, legs--but she didn't get really excited until we could see her little face.  Keilana thought that that was pretty cool.  Doug asked Keilana what we should name her little sister, and she said, "Strawberry Shortcake".  I told her we'd take it into consideration, but not to be disappointed if it ended up being something else.

She's measuring a little big right now, about 11 ounces (average size at this point is about 10.5 ounces), but no changes were made to the due date--still scheduled for the very beginning of December.  She appeared to sleep through the ultrasound, and fortunately she was pretty much doing the splits, making it easy to see that she was a girl (lol. . .I spotted it before the UT tech told us, actually).  She doesn't generally move much during the day, actually.  She's usually most active in the very late evening, but even then she seems to be fairly mellow so far.  Still a long way to go, though, so we'll see if that changes.

Other than still be stupidly tired all the time, I'm doing well and have quite the little round buddha belly now (unless I wear a baggy tshirt so that you can't see the belly as much, then I just look really, really fat), so hopefully I'll get around to posting some belly pics in the next few weeks.  But I make no promises!



Her little profile.  Head is on the right, nose up.

Her arm and hand (clearly labeled for your enjoyment).

Her face from the front.  I love the weird alien baby shots.

5 comments:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Congratulations on your little "strawberry shortcake"

Christa said...

So, you naming her Kylie??

...Laura... said...

YAY!!! I think Strawberry Shortcake is a very respectable name... and with you two, she probably will be a shortcake. :) ha ha ha... I crack myself up! Okay- that was lame. Sorry.

I think the alien baby face pics are kind of creepy! That's so cool that your kids will look at those wierd photos and still get all excited. How fun. :)

Callie said...

David was completely freaked out by the weird alien pictures of Kaden! :)

Congrats on the new baby. Can't wait to see pictures of your belly.

Sam and Kurtis said...

Oh so exciting. We will have one kid the same age. Not the same grade but the same age. now if we only lived next to each other. I can see that is has the round head. Not the typical round head but the umphrey round head. Oh well my little one is thowing a fit better go. Love ya