Monday, July 21, 2008

Toothaches and missing clothes

I have a couple of dilemmas.  Both of them rather annoying, I'm afraid.  The first one is that I've got a toothache and am positive that I need a root canal.  This is no big deal, as I haven't been to the dentist yet this year, so our insurance should cover the entirety of the cost.  The annoying part is that it more or less came out of nowhere.  No pain, sensitivity or anything like that and then all the sudden this weekend it suddenly flared up and feels really inflamed and tender.  So I call my dentist this morning to schedule an appointment (he's fantastic about getting you in fast if you're having pain), but the office computer system is down and they're unable to do any scheduling until tomorrow morning.  Grrrr.  This makes my cranky.  The pain is not severe, although the swelling is terribly annoying.  The bigger problem is that for some reason it has completely zapped my appetite.  If I weren't pregnant, I would not complain about such a thing--I would rather consider it a blessing at this point ;).  But if I don't eat, I feel sicker.  So I'm trying to force myself to eat on a semi-regular schedule, but it is difficult to force oneself to eat when one's mouth is tender.   I lost about 10ish pounds the first trimester of my pregnancy because I was sick.  In the last 5 weeks, I gained back 3 pounds of that.  Over the last 3 days, I've lost 4 pounds.   So at nearly 21 weeks along, or past the halfway point, my cumulative pregnancy weight gain is -1 pound.

Which brings me to my next dilemma.  Despite not gaining any weight, I have quite a good size little buddha belly.  I'm to the point now where people who know me are walking up to me and not asking if I'm pregnant but rather asking, "How far along are you?"  My belly is not big for a pregnant lady, but it is indeed for a normal one.  This would not be a problem, as Doug has taken me shopping and bought me all kinds of cute maternity clothes during my last two pregnancies.  The problem is, I can't find them.  Somehow, when we moved to Lindsay, they got left in one of my mother-in-laws storage areas--either her mini-storage she rents, or the storage shed in her backyard.  Doug's looked through both of them and can't find my maternity clothes.  I can't figure out where else they could be or where else they would go, and I will be extremely sad if I can't find them, because I really can't afford to buy more.  Right now, I have one pair of maternity jeans--and if you've ever been to central Cali in the summer, you know that jeans are about the last thing you want to wear.  I've got three of four shirts that are doable as summer clothes, if a teensy bit warm.  Somewhere I have a box or bag that has a half a dozen adorable shirts that are appropriate for summer--if only I knew where!  So I'm trying to make due with the jeans (ugh) and a pair of capris that I can wear if I don't button or zip them and instead tie the drawstring under my belly and wear a long shirt.

I'm hoping that when Christa gets back maybe I can go to the storage unit with her, since their stuff is in there right now, too, so she'll recognize a lot more than I will.  (Its been a little over two years since I saw this mystery box, so I can't even remember exactly what it is I'm looking for, which doesn't help much).  Perhaps she can lead me to some box I overlooked or assumed was theirs.  I hope!  I need some clothes!! 

1 comment:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Sorry about your tooth ache those are annoying...much less when you are pregnant, I know from experience, I too got one just out of no where with zaiden, turns out my teeth turn super soft when I am preggers so this time i brush about 3 times a day. And i am in the same boat as you with the maternity clothes...we moved up here and well the box seems to have disappeared, luckily I don't need them quite yet as I still have some catching up from my 15 pound weight loss...telling ya this pregnancy is the best weight loss plan yet! =) Hope you are feeling better soon