Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Upsetting the balance

We find out tomorrow whether we're having a boy or girl (so, in other words, who's going to be outnumbered in our currently gender-even house).   When I got pregnant with Keilana, Doug really wanted a boy but I was secretly convinced she was a girl, and it turns out I was right.  With Dylan, I knew from the start he was a boy and was happy to be proven right 2/3 of the way through my pregnancy.  This time I have no clue.

Doug thinks its a girl.  He doesn't know why, he's just been saying for months, "I think this one's gonna be a girl."   Keilana wants a little sister, and I can't seem to convince her that we don't get to order whichever variety we like.  She know that we're finding out if its a boy or girl this week, but she seems to think we're going to go pick which one, rather than be told what we're getting.

I've had a lot of dreams about twin boys, but since this baby seems to be less of a mover (at least so far--its still early) than either hyperactive Keilana or mellow Dylan, twins seems rather unlikely.  Particularly since I had an ultrasound at about 12 weeks and there appeared to be only one baby.  So I wouldn't put much stock into paranoid dreams.  

Any guesses?

No comments: