Thursday, December 11, 2008

The damage

Well, my mom should be landing sometime soon (assuming she didn't get stuck in a storm in Denver or something) to help out with the kids.  I go to Kaweah Delta bright and early (in the fog, I'm sure) to be induced tomorrow morning.

So, at 41 weeks and 2 days, here's what we have, belly-wise:

Weight gain: 25 pounds over pre-pregnancy weight (35 pounds gained total)

Clothes: Down to one pair of maternity pants that will actually stay on--everything else slips down and my belly hangs out.  This is the only shirt that's long enough.

Belly damage:  No new stretch marks, though a few old ones have added an inch or two to their length.  A few spider veins on my tummy--never had that before.  

Hopefully I'll have a baby by tomorrow evening.  I know I'll feel worse tomorrow than I do today, but at least then I'll know that I'm starting on the way to better, instead of counting how many more weeks its going to get worse.

I'll post pictures and info as soon as we bring her home from the hospital!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

You must be so excited to be not pregnant anymore! And to see your new baby girl, naturally. :) Good luck! I'm excited to see pictures of the newest Clark family member.

...Laura... said...

Look at your cute little butt! Can't wait to see pics of your new little girl :)

Callie said...

You poor thing! Just think, tomorrow (with any luck) it'll all be over and you'll have your beautiful baby girl in your arms! Sending prayers and love your way! Best of luck to you, my dear! I pray for a safe, quick, and relatively painless delivery of a healthy babe. Lots of love!