Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting there. . . .

You know its time to have your baby when other people start reacting this way to you.  Yesterday I got:

"You sure you're gonna wait another 5 days?"

"Man!" (as my belly was rubbed)

"You look so exhausted and miserable."

"No offense, but you are looking pretty huge."

I know my belly is big, but I didn't think my discomfort was quite so obvious to everyone else.  Of course, I haven't had many friends or family members around at the end of my last two pregnancies, so it probably seems even more exaggerated to them, but I've never felt quite this uncomfortable before.  Just wait and see--its gonna turn out to be some great Divine joke and my baby will be an 18 inch, 7 pound runt or something.  

However, Saturday we left the kids with Katy for about 2 hours (thanks Mom!) and went to Target and got all our Christmas shopping done.  We also bought the last of the stuff we needed for the baby (hats, some bath supplies, etc), and a few supplies for home.  On the way home, Doug stopped at Lowes and rented a carpet cleaner.  He did the dining room floor (which is much, much better, but still stinks unfortunately--any suggestions for getting out cat urine that actually work?) that evening.  And this morning I did the livingroom.  It still doesn't look like a brand new carpet (2 kids, a dog, a cat, etc, etc.), but it looks so much better.  I finally feel like I've got a clean house again!  My back is crippling me now, but I don't care because I'm so glad its done.  That was the last major "pre-baby" thing on my list.

I'll try to get the banister decorated tomorrow, and finish cleaning up the spare room.  Then I'll wrap some presents on Wednesday, hopefully get them under the tree (should I wait?  Do you think the cat will rip them open?).   Thursday evening Mom will be here and Doug and I will leave at about 6:30 Friday morning for the hospital.  Hopefully, at 10 days over (Keilana was induced 9 days over, Dylan 10) my baby/body will be ready to go and we will have a new baby by evening.  Or at least early Saturday morning.  I am SSSSOOOOO ready.  I'll keep ya'll posted.

3 comments:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

I bet you're relieved to get all that stuff done and over with!

Ya know I think with the 3rd baby your body just goes out of whack, because right now my hips feel as tho they are moving seperately from one another ;)

Oh and the cat pee smell thing....if you happen to know the locations of the pee what I've found that works is pour distilled white vinegar on the area let it sit for a couple minutes then pour baking soda on top of that...the soda seems to bring the vinegar up to the surface. Or go to your um local ranch supply store or other such store and find some stuff called "natures Miracle" pet and odor eliminator that seems to work well too, if you don't mind shampooing your carpets a few times

Callie said...

I was induced two days before my due date and I was out of control uncomfortable! I can only imagine what you are going through. I think we should teach what not to say to pregnant women! For some reason, people thing they have free reign to say whatever they want to pregnant people! Ugh. I got so many awful comments.

My favorite was of course, "Are you having twins?" I always thought I would say, "No, I'm having triplets...don't I look great?!!?" Of course, I never did. I usually just politely said, "No, there is only one."

Good luck with the cat pee smell! We had cat pee in the closet at our apartment from the previous tenant's cat. They kept treating it and treating it. Finally, we ripped out the carpet and low and behold, the smell went away! If you do find some magical thing, let me know.

Becky said...

The one thing I HATE most about being pregnant is the third trimester and all the annoying comments people think they need to make. The one that always made me cringe was when I'd hear "You haven't popped yet?" --like I'm some sort of balloon or something...Hang in there! I'll be thinking about ya!