Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9 months. . .

Kylie had a check up and shots today (just two shots, instead of five this time!) She's, um, well. . . .she's a big girl.

She's 9 1/2 months old now. She waves bye bye (if she feels like it--she's not terribly consistent), claps, feeds herself, stands well on her own, climbs everything, plays peek-a-boo, etc., etc. I knew she was a butterball, but I admit even I was surprised when they put her on the scale.

She's 27 1/2 inches long (dead average). She weighs 21 pounds and 14 ounces. Yes, my 9 month old weighs nearly 22 pounds. This should not be surprising, I guess, since she started out weighing 9 pounds and 11 ounces--she didn't actually double her birth weight til around 7 months. But for heaven's sake, no wonder my arm's been so tired the last couple of days. She's had a cold and consequently has wanted to be held a lot. Yowzers. Build those arm muscles.

As her auntie Amanda says, "She's just a marshmallow!" I love my little pudge ball, rolls and all.

2 comments:

Kahilau said...

Love those rolls! How fun! I would seriously prefer a chubby baby over a thin one, any day!

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

baby chubs are the best :) I am pretty sure my little pudge ball outweighs yours and she is only 8 months old