Wednesday, August 13, 2008

For Laura

When I posted the funny faces pictures, Laura asked me when she got to see belly pics, so here ya go. I snapped one when we got home from the doctor today. I figured since its been a month since I said I would post some, its about time. Don't be surprised if another month goes by before I get around to it again. So this is the belly with 16 weeks to go until my due date (and 17 1/2 to 18 to go until the dates my midwife and I have discussed inducing labor!).

I went to the doctor today and was disheartened to learn that I was back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. My midwife said that my uterus is measuring slightly large, so I keep trying to convince myself that the five pound weight gain this month is all Kylie and has nothing to do with all the fun size Reeses I ate this week. I hope that's true (though I doubt it). I must get back on track this week! At any rate, she has a good, strong heartbeat, and is starting to make her presence more distinctly known with harder jabs, though she does still seem to be keeping things pretty low key. Often all I feel all day long are a few little wriggles here and there. So perhaps we have been spared the blessing of another Tigger in our house! We'll see.

I took in the last of Keilana's paperwork for preschool today (she had to have her TB test read this morning), but alas! with school starting at 8am Monday morning, she still isn't registered. Since she didn't have her physical, they didn't put her in a class yet and the woman who does the registration is in a meeting all day today, so I have to go back to the office yet again tomorrow to try to finish up and get her in. I hope we do! She's going to be very disappointed if she doesn't start school until January. She's doing very well the last few weeks. She's started to pick the letter sounds out of the ends of words now, not just the beginning ("carrr and Connerrrrr. . .those are both r's! Rrrrrrrrrr!) and the one hang up she had--that writing and drawing were much more difficult for her than verbals--seems to have suddenly melted away. This week she's drawn me lots of cats and dogs, Captain Jack Sparrow (she had me hold the movie case so she could look at him while she drew, lest she forget some detail) and lots of family pictures. You can tell who's who, because she has them in the right order size-wise. Daddy and I are bigger, but Daddy lacks the round belly with the little baby inside and the mountains of hair. Dylan is small like Keilana, but doesn't have beautiful hair or fancy shoes. She's been writing K's on everything, and coming along nicely with the rest of her letters. Its like a switch in her brain suddenly flipped this week and she's ready! In the mean time Dylan has started to recognize B's and K's the last few weeks. He knows the "K" sound and enjoys repeating it whenever he sees a K anywhere. Oh, every time we pass a Burger King in the car it's "B! k-k-k!" He's started picking up on T this week too.

No comments: