Monday, August 11, 2008

Her Little Shadows.

I saw this last night on a blog that I frequent, and I loved it, so I thought I'd share it. I don't know the author's name.


I saw a young mother with eyes full of laughter
And five little shadows came following after.
Wherever she moved, they were always right there--
Holding onto her skirts, hanging onto her chair,
Before her, behind her--an adhesive pair.

"Don't you ever get weary as day after day
Your five little tagalongs get in your way?"

She smiled as she shook her pretty young head,
And I'll always remember the words that she said:
"Its good to have shadows that run when you run,
That laugh when you're happy and hum when you hum--
For you only have shadows
When your life's filled with sun."


I just thought that was very sweet.  I love my little shadows--they make me a little crazy now and then, but much more often they make me smile.

1 comment:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Thats a very sweet poem...Thanks for sharing!