Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Motate, baby

Ok, so my Kylie bear is almost 3 1/2 months old.  She still only rolls over from her tummy to her back if she's laying on an incline (pillow, hill, etc), usually on accident.  But she's getting quite good at rolling over from her back onto her tummy.  Which is supposed to be harder.  But you see, Kylie will be just like her Mommy and Daddy--she'll have no trouble accomplishing something, so long as its what she wants to do.  She has no desire to get over to her back.  Being on her back is boring.  So, anyway, I put her on the floor whilst accomplishing some chores today, and here's what she accomplished:
She started out in the middle of the blanket (which was spread out flat) on her back, looking toward that chair you can just see the leg of in the right corner of the photo.  She can go forward a little, too, but has found inching backwards to be much faster and easier.
She was pretty doggoned pleased with herself.  Despite the fact that she woke up this morning at 3am and wanted to chat.  That would've been fine, except she'd get really mad if I didn't talk back to her, and she wouldn't go back to sleep.  So at a little after 5, I finally strapped on the Snugli and walked around the house until she fell asleep.  But then it was so nice and quiet in the house with no one bothering me that I stayed up another half an hour in order to get some laundry folded.  It took me a while to get back to sleep when I got to bed, but when I got up a little after 7 to get ready to take Keilana to school Doug said, "Don't worry about it, honey, I'll take her."  Oh, bless him.  I was able to sleep for another 45 minutes and take a shower before Kylie woke up.  

Dylan's in rough shape today.  Keilana stayed home from church on Sunday and school on Monday due to a nasty, horrible cold (sore throat, deep yucky cough, runny/stuffy nose, you know the drill).  She probably should've stayed home these last two days, too, for the sake of the other kids but she really wanted to go and I apparently lack compassion for the other mothers who will likely have to deal with sick kids because of her.  Today Dylan has such a high fever that he's got chills, but I have been having trouble convincing him that taking Motrin would be a good idea.  Plus, we haven't been shopping in a while, because we're trying to get rid of the majority of our food before we leave for 2 weeks, so I really don't have anything to bribe him with.  Poor little guy is miserable.

But Kylie's sleeping now.

No comments: